Employment at First Baptist Huntsville
Media Ministry Director
We are looking for Excellence in…• TV production• Web streaming• Skills in recruiting, training, encouraging, scheduling and supervising volunteers• Use of media in worship and church activities• Available (for pay) to outsiders using our facilities or able to coordinate volunteers (who also would be paid)• Social Media platforms and how to engage people beyond our church through them• Cutting-edge knowledge in the use of media technologies for advancing the Kingdom• Lighting in-house• Sound in-house• Maintenance, repair and purchase of in house A/V equipment such as monitors, DVR’s, projectors, screens• A/V budgeting• IT (computer support, network administration, network setup, network troubleshooting, hardware and software knowledge)• Videography for use in worship, for special events, and to promote FBC in social media• Website expertise
Note: The creative needs regarding media are almost as important as the technical needs. It would help us, as we become increasingly skilled at reaching an unchurched culture, to have someone who has expertise in the use of media technologies in the spread of the gospel beyond our walls and traditions.
SUMMARY OF EXPECTATIONS: Through the development and empowerment of ministry teams, the Media Ministry Director is responsible for the broadcast production of both television and internet and all audio of any and all worship services and other gatherings. As a member of the church staff, the Media Ministry Director will also interface regularly and cooperatively with other staff members, volunteers and the congregation. The Media Ministry Director works under the supervision of the Minister of Music and Worship and Church Business Administrator. The Media Ministry Director will work with both the Minister of Music & Worship as well as the Minister of Contemporary Worship to provide media support for all worship services. This is a full-time salaried position. The Media Ministry Director will develop specific annual objectives for accomplishing his/her work to carry out the vision, plans, and objectives of the church.
• Recruit, train, and coordinate media ministry teams to provide audio, video, and broadcast support as needed for all worship services and other events as determined.
• Coordinate the maintenance/procurement of all media equipment.
• Function as producer and engineer for media.
• Schedule and manage media needs for the various services of the church.
• Develop and implement marketing for FBC using various media.
• Oversee and assist the development and coordination of the audio/video ministry & TV/web broadcasts including motivation, recruiting, training, and scheduling of personnel.
• Assist staff members and volunteer leaders with their media needs.
• Selection, recommendation and purchasing of media related equipment including the development of an annual budget for new equipment purchases and maintenance of existing equipment.
• Troubleshooting of all video/audio equipment.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org