Employment at First Baptist Huntsville
First Baptist Church in Huntsville is seeking a full-time Minister to Children and Families. More information is available at fbchsv.org/employment. Resumes and inquiries may be sent to email@example.com.
Located in North Alabama, we are geographically located in the heart of downtown Huntsville with a heart for ministry to this city we call home. Huntsville has most recently been named by U.S. News and World Report as the 7th best place to live in the U.S. We are a dually-aligned church to SBC & CBF... often referring to ourselves as centrist Baptists. We are excited about our ministry to young families and their children. We look forward to future ministry opportunities as this demographic continues to grow in our church.
We look forward to hearing from you...
Minister to Children and Families Search Team
First Baptist Church of Huntsville, AL
A Church in the Heart of the City!
Here's more about the position... The Minister to Children and Families is responsible for visionary leadership and direction of an integrated children’s Christian education ministry to and for the First Baptist Church children and their families. The Minister to Children and Families is responsible for the program ministries of the church for children in Grades 1-5 and Grade 6. This primarily includes the ongoing ministries of Sunday School, Discipleship, Music, Missions, as well as special event and seasonal ministries for children and their families.
The Minister to Children and Families is responsible for the selection of curriculum and resources for the classes, overseeing the staffing of volunteer workers, training of leadership, coordination of facility use, and managing the schedule of Children’s events and activities within the larger church calendars.
This is a full time salaried position and part of the Family Ministries Team. This team consists of Minister to Preschool and Families, Minister to Children and Families, Minister to Students and Families, Childcare Coordinator, and the Ministry Assistant Preschool, Children and Youth.
1. Responsible for and plans, promotes, and implements the ministries of the church for children in Grades 1-5 and Grade 6, including the ongoing ministries of Sunday School, Discipleship, Music, Missions as well as special events and seasonal ministries for children and their families.
2. Administrate Children’s Sunday School, Discipleship, Music, Missions and a special Grade 6 Ministry.
*Determine resource, equipment, and facility needs, coordinating budget requests with other staff and church program leaders.
3. Coordinate and supervise the enlistment of, training of, and appreciation events for the children’s leadership.
*Research and procure curriculum.
*Provide curriculum interpretation and leadership to facilitate Christian education and nurture.
*Materials for the Grade 6 Ministry should provide for the spiritual, moral, physical and relational needs of the pre-teen during this transitional period of life.
4. Coordinate Children’s Music with the Associate Minister of Music and Organist.
5. Coordinate Wednesday night summer events for children.
6. Administrate budget for children’s programs.
7. Communicate children’s programming information through various church and children’s ministry publications.
8. Serve on the Children’s Ministry Team and other committees as assigned.
9. Responsible for adherence to the Child Protection Policies of the church.
10. Coordinate the use of facilities assigned to the Childhood Ministries office.
11. Administrate children’s Vacation Bible School.
12. Administrate children’s camps sponsored by the Childhood Ministries office.
13. Assist in pastoral ministries of the staff as needed and requested.
14. Lead in worship when appropriate.
15. Assist with Children’s Time.
16. Other duties as assigned.